Tuesday, July 22, 2008

All I could say was, "D-A-M-N woman!!"

Okay, I’ll admit it; I’m vain and concerned about hitting the mid-century mark. Although it’s still about 8 ½ years away, knowing how quickly time files, it lurks like a crack head scoping out an easy house. (Strangely enough, I actually saw someone that looked like a crack head walking down the street carrying a large, “analog” computer monitor a couple of days ago. Calling the non-emergency law enforcement number didn’t seem to make much of a difference… So much for the neighborhood watch here in “God-forsaken Copper Basin”.)

Having a few minutes to myself as the hubby/children are out picking up our latest acquisition, a ball snake, I delighted in looking up “trash”… My secret, little pleasure?
Go Fug Yourself: Where Fugly is the New Pretty. It’s amazing. No matter how rich, famous, and beautiful you may be, you cannot pull off wearing a Hefty trash bag with cowboy boots and a tiara and call it haute couture.

Looking at pics, grateful that I don’t have the money to buy overpriced crap, yeah right, I stumbled onto this:

OMG! Ms. Mirren is a hot senior citizen... Maybe there’s still hope for me in the next 20 years or so, but who's really counting!??

BTW, Helen Mirren won the Oscar in 2006, looking like this:

Dame Helen Mirren will be 63 years old in four days! (She was born July 26, 1945; please correct my math if I’m wrong!) Very impressive, no??

Thankfully for us mid-aged women, there's no shame in moving along from "hot babe", to "hot mom", to "hot grandma"... How oxymoronic! :-)

2 comments:

River Driver said...

I saw the same pic on Go Fug Yourself. I'm about half her age; why can't I be about twice as fabulous?

MusikMom said...

But who you are (friend, sister, and daughter) and what you do as an educator is a million times more fabulous than she could ever aspire to!

Miss ya!